Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Show 266 "Guestmix by Tension (Nulectric) [Germany]"


this week with my friend "Tension" from Bielefeld, Germany !

INTERVIEW BY MIXED APPLES

MA: Good Morning and best wishes from South Africa… Please can you introduce yourselves and tell us where are you are from?
My Name is William Gebert. I am a 25 year old producer and Dj from Bielefeld (Germany). Since 2006 I produce electronic music in various styles under my alias “Tension”. In 2009 I founded a digital label called “Nulectric Records” on which we release Deephouse music and various other styles.
MA: Can you tell us how your musical journey began?
I first came in contact with electronic music when I started to visit Techno Parties and Festivals in my former hometown. We had a very nice scene these days with various promoters and parties, thats where I started to get into the music. When I visited the last “loveparade” in Berlin in 2006, I knew that I want to go deeper into that kind of music, so I started my first productions and gigs.
MA: Who was your biggest influence when starting out?
There were some producers and djs who definately inspired me in the early beginning. Techno and Minimal was a big thing these days, so acts like Minilogue or Ricardo Villalobos gave a lot to me with their work. But of course I was also fascinated by Carl Craig, Jeff Mills, Kerri Chandler or Derrick Carter, just to name a few.
MA: Do you produce music? If so, what would you say your style is?
Yes. But I’m not focusing on a certain kind of electronic music. I would define Deephouse as my basis, but I always try to broad my horizons with trying out other genres and styles. I released some Drum & Bass, Electronica and Ambient tunes in the past for example.
MA: Can you remember your very first track/vinyl that you bought?
My first record was “Moodymann – Shades of Jae” on KDJ Records. Its a very deep and hypnotic track which is playing around with percussions and its bassdrum. I like this “jazzy” moment in this tune.
MA: What has been some of your highlights in your career?
My biggest highlight so far was a tour through South Africa in August 2013 together with Jazzman. That was a really special experience to me and my first international gig as well. It was a very nice trip where I’ve learned a lot about the country, djing and myself as well.
 MA: What dont you leave the house without?
Music.
MA: What is playing in your car right now?
In fact that I don’t own a car right now: nothing. But If I’d have one, it would the new Patten Album “Estoile Naiante” playing while I drive. Very experimental and creative stuff.
MA: What can we expect from this guest mix on the Deep Inspiration Show?
I prepared a mix of deep tracks and dubby meditations. Something to move on the dancefloor and chill on the couch as well.
MA: Anything that you are working on that we might be interested in?
Currently I am working on a remix for the UK based label “Incognitus Records”, a very nice deep and minimalitsic label. Furthermore we’re finishing our first vinyl release on Nulectric Records right now.
MA: Where can people follow you?
You can follow me on Soundcloud (soundcloud.com/tension-music) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/Tension.cycles). I also own a Bandcamp Page where I publish some of my own releases on myself (tension1.bandcamp.com).
MA: When are we seeing you in South Africa?
I hope at the end of the year. It depends on the plans our friendly promoters have there.
MA: Finally, what is the one music festival you still wish to play at one day?
I think it would be the Melt! Festival in Germany. A really impressive event with a lot of good Djs and bands I visited many times in the past. Dimensions Festival would also be nice, but thats a dream though.
Thank you to Tension for a super rad mix and for taking the time to answer these few questions.. Stay in touch with the DEEP INSPIRATION SHOW by liking the Facebook page here.

PLAYLIST

Sebo - Watamu Beach (Moritz Von Oswald Rework)
Sade - Couldn't Live You More (Edit)
Lood & Donell Rush - Shout N' Out
Borrowed Identity - Faith
Malin Genie - Pushin' On
St. Germain - Rose Rouge (Blaze Shelter Long Remix)
Soul Capsule - Forever Love
Damon Lamar - Large Crowd
Christopher Rau - Anita Niesz
Patrice Scott - Visions Of Mantada
Kink - Bittersweet

DOWNLOAD



More about Tension @
Soundcloud @tension-music
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Tension.cycles

No comments:

Post a Comment