Monday, February 3, 2014

Show 256 "Guestmix by Muskidd (Polokwane, South Africa)"

 
it's time for a guestmix by Muskidd (Polokwane, South Africa) [Something Different Lifestyle, Define Dub Music, fineT.U.N.E.d]

INTERVIEW by Mixed Apples

MA:  Please can you introduce yourself and tell us where you are from?
I was born in KZN but moved to Pretoria at an early age.
MA:  Can you give us a bit of background on how you got started in music?
Well my Uncle is the one who’s responsible for all there is with my music career, he is the one who practically showed me what a vinyl was. He is used to be DJ/Promoter  back late 80’s and early 90’s.
MA: What have been you biggest influences in your music journey thus far?
Well, Life’s experiences, ones emotions, pain & love is what influences me in what I do.
MA: How would you describe your style of DJ’ing and your choice of music?
Well I play everything which is musically inclined. The beat has to have musical elements to it, irrespective of the dance genre. But I certainly enjoy my nu-disco &  deep house.
MA: What has been one of your highlights as a DJ?
Well my highlight has been 2013, being able to share some musical notes with Kuniyuki and being on the line-up with Kuniyuki Takahashi and when the Legendary, Godfather of House, Larry Heard charted my track on his Top 10 on Beatport (Dec 2013)
MA:  What dont you leave the house without?
I don’t leave my house without my Music Bag
MA:  What is the one track that you never go to a gig without?
Well I’ve got none, music just like time it moves on. Some tracks will have a have special place in my heart, but that doesn’t mean I have to play them all the time!
MA: What can we expect from this guest mix on the Deep Inspiration Show?
Well, a musical journey, some sensual beats that involves organic sounds and a lot of ethnic reminiscences from TR-909 and 808, deep and restrained sound.
MA: Anything that you working on that we might be interested in?
Yeah I am quite busy at the moment… I am currently working with Lazarusman, Mindsoul, Tension and Iced Shade to mention a few. The rest you will have to wait and see.

MA: Where can people follow you? 

Twitter :  @muskidd
Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/muskidd
Facebook:  Musa Muskidd Mahlangu
Residentadvisor: www.residentadvisor.net/muskidd

PLAYLIST
1. Jahiliyya Fields – Servant Garden [L.I.E.S]
2. No Regular Play – Avenue [Cut Mistake Music]
3. DJ Koze - La Duquesa (Efdemin Cose Cosi Mix) [Pampa Records]
4. Fudge Fingas – Escape [Firecracer]
5. 2manyfold ft Davide Romeo – Jazz [Jazzy Butterfly Records]
6. Hokuto Sato – Love (It’s Gonna Go) [Thema]
7. Werner Niedermeier – You Can Trust (Jack Wickham Remix) [Turquoise Blue]
8. Yokoo, Gemma Wood – Snowflakes on my Eyelashes
9. Cellule Eat – Panba (Thron – Trekka remix) [Maria Colors]
10. Kitty The Bill – The Missing One (Chin Chin Records)

DOWNLOAD 
(On a Mac hold Ctrl +click and select 'Save link as...') 
(On a PC right click and select 'Save link as...')



Please show some love and share the mix with your friends. Thanks a lot !

No comments:

Post a Comment